RSS FEED

smh: "fight to win" by quote-unquote goodie mob



So, this is the same "Goodie Mob" (yes I had to use quotations... I took it there) that made "Dirty South" and "Black Ice"??!! I know I'm a little late on this, but I'm heartbroken, as are many other classic Dirty South hip-hop fans who saw them perform their new track, "Fight to Win," on NBC's The Voice. To be honest, as a pop track, this is cool and listenable with Cee-Lo on the hook, but this type of track shouldn't ever find the light of day from a group like Goodie MoB (Remember? The Good Die Mostly Over Bullshit). They mixed spirituality with street tales, crunk with boom-bap, southern bounce with dirty soul-funk.... not this. No, the MoB didn't get the mainstream props that their Dungeon Family brethren OutKast did, but their legacy and influence in developing the Southern hip-hop music is also monumental. Oh well....smh HARD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top