RSS FEED

okp review: the spinning leaves and hezekiah jones - hezekiah leaves and the spinning joneses (2011)

Since I've been working on some overdue reviews (sorry OKP lol), I'm laying back on blog posts with original writing, so check out this folk album I reviewed for Okayplayer. I am not at all well versed in roots music, though I'd like to be. So, this was a challenge. I relied a lot on what the music made me feel in order to critique it, so I thought it came out pretty good, though not necessarily my best writing.

The Spinning Leaves and Hezekiah Jones - Hezekiah Leaves and the Spinning Joneses (2011)



















Founders of the Philadelphia Folk Parade, flagship folk acts The Spinning Leaves (Michael Baker and Barbara Gettes) and Hezekiah Jones (aka Raphael Cutrufello) have done a great deal to establish the City of Brotherly Love as a sustainable scene for roots music. Here on Hezekiah Leaves and the Spinning Joneses, they merge their progressive minds to weave together stories of the everyman, sorrow, nostalgia, whimsy, and deep reflection. Their poetic songs evoke the intended emotions best when they stick to bare-bones arrangements and colorful, acoustic instruments....

1 comments:

Samair Barai

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site. I have been looking all over for this! It was excellent and very informative. I think this is one of the most vital info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. It’s really a great and useful piece of info.

Post a Comment

Return top