RSS FEED

why i'm smh at jennifer hudson...

Ok, so Jennifer Hudson is an amazingly good singer. Amazingly! I mean why else is she the one chosen to tribute Whitney Houston at the Grammys? Is always in the discussion of who should play Aretha Franklin in her inevitable biopic? Etc. etc…… But the real question is why on earth does she keep making substandard albums of her own??!!! It’s fucking ridiculous! I never know how much I can blame the artist or label or A&Rs or whoever, but some blame can go all around, I’m sure. She doesn’t need to be doing songs with T-Pain or Ludacris (now Luda’s my dude, I ain’t trying to diss). Now granted, I’ve heard good things about her 2011 album which I haven’t heard yet, so I’m going to have to check that out, but I still needed to rant. Anyways, the purpose of my rant? Like Aretha, I think Hudson needs to find her Jerry Wexler, a producer/trailblazer/A&R who knows how to tap into her soulful talents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top