RSS FEED

ummm, yeah... the flaming lips - the first time ever i saw your face (feat. erykah badu) (nsfw)



Ok. Ummmmm.... Wow, did I not see this coming. I stayed "Stanning" Ms. Badu even when she tripped out into left field with the brilliant, in my opinion, album New Amerykah, Part 1: 4th Wold War (2008). I didn't think too much of her second installment, Return of the Ankh (2010), but I felt like I began to understand her artistry more clearly than ever with those last two albums, believe it or not.

Well, in this VERY NSFW video, she performs a static, hazy noise-rock cover of one of my favorite Roberta Flack songs, "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face," with experimental alt-rockers the Flaming Lips. You must see the video for yourself, but it's disgusting. And I'm not talking about the nudity, so just watch. Note that I had to get this from the Perez Hilton site, because it was taken down by YouTube and many other sites. It was taken down by Perez Hilton too, so I found another link. I try not to get too wrapped up in the image of musical artists. I like to focus on the music. With that said, I'm not really feeling this cover.

UPDATE 6/10/12: Ok, so there's been some developments, which I'm as usual, a little late on. Badu went to Twitter and blasted the band for this leaked version, originally by Pitchfork, and Flaming Lips man Wayne Coyne issued a formal apology: OKP News: Erykah Badu’s Statement On “First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” Video.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top